the one man show

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

random--yet important--phone call

ok... so windsor just called. yea. the university of windsor.

the call display just had long distance call on it, so i knew it wasn't for me so i answered in a bored voice: "hello."

and they reply: "hi! i'm part of the Drama program at the University of Windsor!!"

and i reply, it a much more happy tone: "Oh! Hiiiiiii!" <---I sounded dumb and I knew it.

and they reply: "Ok, so I can tell you're excited to be part of the Drama community at Windsor do you-

I interrupt: "Yes!" <--- Stupid! Stop talking, eric.

and they continue: "ok... uhm do you have any questions about blah blah blah" and so on...

I was totally not expecting this. it was weird. and in the back of my mind i thought it might be some sort of "first impression test" to weed out the losers. so i convinced myself that i had to ask some question or else it would seem like i didn't care... hi. i'm eric. i overanalyze things. i'm aware, thank you... so i asked stupid questions that i already knew the answer to like how long our monologues had to be and what we would be doing the whole day. Stupid. So if they're going by this first impression test---which yes, i know they're not---i've already failed. I just couldn't think of anything to say... it was so unexpected... so kiersten be warned... a call may be on its way if it hasn't already been sent.

On the positive side of things: I got my report card today, and things are looking impressive. scholarship $$$ here i come.

eric

PS> Sorry for the boringness of this post, but, its all i got.

2 Comments:

  • ya windsor's all about the annoying phone calls. where as ryerson is exactly the opposite you will hear nothing for months!

    **Ellen

    By Blogger HurleyGirly, at Tue Feb 14, 09:40:00 p.m.  

  • I could probably love you more. But I've never really thought about it. Good work with the whole "school" thng. I also enjoy the writing style. Post more.

    WV: nvdbile

    By Blogger Maranatha, at Wed Feb 15, 11:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home